Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
Who you’ll work with:
You will join a team of search professionals, engineers, data scientists, designers, marketers, and product managers to establish a best-in-class SEO program in key international markets. Working cross-functionally with leadership from our core product and marketing teams, you’ll help inform strategy and design tactical interventions to accelerate international growth at Quizlet.
About the Team:
Quizlet’s SEO team is at the forefront of understanding how and why students leverage search engines to find homework help, test prep, and study material. We work across product, data science, and engineering to find scalable solutions to drive growth, while keeping our mission in mind of helping all students learn. We help other teams learn about and implement SEO best practices, while building SEO interventions in collaboration with a dedicated SEO engineering team.
About the Role:
As the SEO Manager of International, you will work side-by-side with marketing, product, data science, product analytics, and engineering to help us deeply understand our key focus markets and enhance products that will drive growth from search. You’ll use enterprise-level tools for keyword analytics and website crawling to identify new keyword opportunities and diagnose technical issues on the site that will help us scale our platform. You’ll help refine our keyword strategy and contribute to product ideas for SEO AB testing.
In this role, you will:
- Perform keyword research for our Expert Solutions and Study products
- Improve our keyword analytics and perform competitive analysis
- Help analyze crawl logs and troubleshoot crawling, indexing, and rendering
- Work with other product teams to help identify SEO opportunities
- Help establish a best-in-class SEO program by improving our internal tooling
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working on international SEO for enterprise sites
- 3+ years of experience in a product-driven SEO organization
- Familiarity with third-party keyword research tools like Ahrefs, GetSTAT, Moz, Deepcrawl, and SEMRush
- Open, honest, humble communicator and team player
- Passionate about EdTech, helping students learn online, and learning
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience using Google’s BigQuery and Sisense
- Experience with building out proprietary keyword analytics tools
- Familiarity with expanding into the UK
- Fluency in German, French, Japanese, or Korean
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
- Quizlet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Salary transparency helps to mitigate unfair hiring practices when it comes to discrimination and pay gaps. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a starting base salary of $119,000 - $165,000, depending on location and experience, as well as company stock options
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Professional Development stipend (teach yourself something new)
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and take pride in delivering results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!